The Lord WILL Provide

"It's ok, I've got this. Trust Me."

We had a meeting on Monday afternoon. But the layoffs didn't start until the next week. After four long months of waiting. They started quietly. Without informing us of the results of the board meeting. And lives were changed.

It rained. Tears from heaven mingled with the quiet tears of those let go.

And somehow, I'm still here. My stomach is in knots, I can barely eat, and my gut hurts from bouts of stress induced diarrhea. But I still have a job.

For now.

Of course, the deed isn't done—they might let me go next month. But for now, I have a paycheck and more stress to add to the stress that I had earlier. 

"Trust Me."

His words whisper into my heart. But Lord, which is worse? Loosing my job or having to stay behind and pick up the pieces?

"It's ok, I've got this. Trust Me."

Again He speaks to my troubled heart.  And again I feel the suffocation. But Lord, I'm scared.


"Trust Me."

I stare at my computer. The work I am suppose to be working on. My thoughts jumble. I don't understand. Lord, help me trust you, I can not do this alone.

"It's ok, I've got this. Just trust Me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses are Red

Make it a blue. Make it red. Make it a Pony.

Hear Me: Justice and Mercy